Monday, February 28, 2011

Acts 28: Salvation is Here

Hey guys it is Zack (notice the KJ) here talking about the final chapter in our “Of one Accord” Bible study which is Acts chapter 28. Isn’t it cool how Paul can have a viper latched on to his arm and he just throws it back into the fire? That’s just impressive to me because I’m so terrified of snakes. That’s totally not relevant to anything I wanted to talk about in this blog, I just thought it was like the coolest thing since sliced bread. Before I go on to the actual blog keep in mind the Flood band played in Ritchie County and found it necessary to keep me up until about 2 or 3 in the morning the past couple nights, AND I had to get up early…so I’m tired, but nonetheless here we go.

In verse 26 of this chapter Paul quotes to the Jews what Isaiah the prophet said which was, “Go to this people and say, ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.’” Verse 27 goes on to say, “For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them” I typically wouldn’t quote a whole paragraph of scripture, but there is no better way to put it than what was said here. So many people have hardened their hearts to the Holy Spirit, it’s unbelievable. People are so selfish and content in their lifestyle they refuse to change even if it might change someone else’s eternity.

Out of this entire chapter the verse that really got my attention is verse 28, which is what I say to you as we end this month long Bible study. It says, “Therefore I want you to know that God’s salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!” Joel Houston from Hillsong said it pretty well when he sang the lyric, “Salvation is here.” This is a salvation that doesn’t care who you are, where you’re from, what you’ve done, or where you’ll go. A salvation is here that “Died just to set you free.” If you’ve already received this salvation then share it with someone else. Do like Paul did in verse 31 when, “He proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ-with all boldness and without hindrance!”

Again, sorry for all the quotes and the rambling because of the exhaustion, but it was all so that six lives in Ritchie County would come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. That’s what my life is about and I encourage you to make that decision. Maybe you’re reading this and don’t know Jesus as your personal savior, or that He loves you, but you can. It’s as simple as confessing your sins, believing He died on the cross for you and rose from the grave, and giving your life to Him. It would be the best decision you have ever made. Maybe all of the people reading this are saved, and if that’s the case I hope this has encouraged you to share the simple, but powerful, gospel message with whoever is on your mind right now. Salvation is here!

Love you guys,

Zack



No comments:

Post a Comment